she's a friend of a friend from my uni days, so at best an acquaintance with whom i've had minimal contact over the years. having said that, we have had some deep-ish facebook/email conversations about church/faith related topics, and wifey and i had her over for dinner once.
anyways, i went along expecting to only really know the bride, however found that i knew/recognised a fair few other people:
- the celebrant (not that i really know him, and not that it's a total surprise given he's a pastor of the church where the ceremony was held)
- my elder sister's high school classmate/s
- my younger sister's uni coursemate and husband
- people from CCCB Coopers Plains
- people from a previous church i attended
- someone i know from my YF days
- someone i know from my uni course
- the photographer (a mutual friend who covered our wedding some 4 years ago)
i even found the groom familiar, though i have no idea where i might have seen him before.