- disposing of them improperly (eg. via the rubbish bin) creates a hazard for waste collectors, sorters, and the environment.
- not disposing of them at all (ie. keeping them in your home) creates a hazard for yourself or others who may come into contact with them.
some tips i was able to make use of recently in relation to this topic:
- small amounts of paint can be disposed by pouring the paint over newspaper and left to dry, then the newspaper thrown into the bin (as per pics below)
- the now empty paint tin (with minimal residual paint) can be recycled / thrown in the recycling bin
- CFLs and flourescent tubes can be thrown into the rubbish bin if wrapped in newspaper or put in the original box (or the box your replacement bulb/tube came in).
|Initial pouring of paint||Paint spread out to dry|