Google
 

Saturday, June 18, 2005

kinda quiet around here...

...and it's getting cold too! starting to wear socks to bed and snuggling in that much more to keep my ears warm. ahh, winter...

not much to say. been reading a bit more than i have in recent times, making use of my walks to work and my lunch breaks to catch up on my backlog of Voice of the Martyr newsletters and the Briefing magazine. good things to be filling my mind with.

now that i am walking to/from work, every time i get into my car (eg if i'm going out at night, or on weekends) i feel like i haven't driven it for such a long time, even though it would only be a matter of days at the most. funny how familiar the feeling of driving everyday becomes...

also been cutting down on some tv in order to devote more time to studying - yes, that thing which i thought i'd never do after "uni" became a thing of the past! i'm about a fifth of the way into (and half a week behind schedule) my first subject in the correspondance course from moore. struggling a bit with the discipline of study, but the time spent has been worthwhile.

feels quiet today... i don't have anything on! got a haircut and picked up tickets for the michael w. smith concert in july. did some studying for moore and started BS prep for yf camp. part of me wants to do something spontaneous, however i can't help but feel everyone else is too busy to be spontaneous. oh well, looks like more study and an early night for me...

in contrast, the next 3 months look busy on my schedule, with 2 camps/conferences, 5 weddings and 2 out of town trips, 1 confirmed and 3 other concerts/shows i'd like to attend... and i'm sure there'll be a good number of meetings thrown in the mix too. speaking of trips, my tickets to singapore are booked. i'm still undecided about the mid-week foray into malaysia though... guess i should send that email to my KL contacts and see if it's worth dropping in while i'm in the region. plus i might go visit gentings, but don't know if i'm really up to playing the solo tourist gig. well, enough procrastiating... :p trying to cut down on time spent in front of this type of CRT screen too!

No comments:

Post a Comment