- (lord) alfred tennyson, english poet
- michelle yeoh, hk actress and former miss malaysia winner (yeah, go malaysia! :D)
- m. night shyamalan, director of movies such as the sixth sense, unbreakable, and signs (which looks worthy of my cinema patronage)
- david robinson, nba (basketball) player
- geri halliwell aka ginger spice (not that i was ever a fan of the spice girls... honest!)
- soleil moon frye, probably best known (?) for her role in the sitcom punky brewster (yeah i know that probably shows my age... but hey, i used to watch it when it was on... besides, she shares my birth year as well)
some notable events that toook place on this day in history:
- "Tim Berners-Lee released files describing his experimental World Wide Web project on the Internet on this day in 1991... by 1990, he had created the basic parameters of the World Wide Web, and a working version was posted on CERN's internal computers in May 1991. On August 6, 16, 19, and 22, Berners-Lee released Web files and requested input from other developers. By late 1991 and early 1992, the Web was widely discussed, and in early 1993, when Marc Andreesen and other graduate students at the University of Illinois released the Mosaic browser (Netscape's precursor), the Web rapidly became a popular communications medium."
- "The first atomic bomb used in warfare was dropped on Hiroshima, Japan (1945). Hiroshima was the target of the first atomic bomb ever dropped on a populated area; almost 130,000 people were killed, injured, or missing, and 90% of the city was leveled. Much of the city has been reconstructed, but a gutted section has been set aside as a �Peace City� to illustrate the effects of an atomic bomb. The Peace Memorial Museum is there. Since 1955 an annual world conference against nuclear weapons has met in Hiroshima."