Google
 

Friday, August 13, 2004

vocation?

i spent half of this morning doing something my manager asked me to do. i was asked to do it because the person who was supposed to do it is away sick. more than halfway through, i discover it had been done already.

now i'm sitting here trying to fill out my performance review form, and having to think about how i rate myself and what "successes" i've had in various fields.... bleh.

so i took a break to read from boundless, and am now mentally tossing around the idea of how 'Frederick Buechner wrote that we discover our vocation at the intersection of our own deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger'...

one thing immediately springs to mind as to where the world's deep hunger lies. where lieth my own deep gladness?

No comments:

Post a Comment